Daytona Tamworth Summer Enduro 2021 08 29

What a day...




This was my third Enduro and my first ever race in Daytona Tamworth and I was teaming up with my mate Liam TRX. What an amazing track. Probably the track with the best view. Very technical, but we love that. 

Of all the Enduro's this was track walk central. Pretty much everyone went for a track walk. I had not seen that before.


Oh yes and my dad follows that FB group. Could have been named for him - Karting Armchair Experts. Joking apart, it's a really friendly group.


To start with we had 60 minutes practice which we shared evenly leaving enough time at the end to ensure the kart is refuelled.




I then did the qualifying, which was followed by the 3 hour endurance race. We each did three half hour stints with me taking the first, third and fifth slots and Liam taking the second, fourth and sixth slots.

The Quali was what they call a "Super Pole Qualifying", which consists of 1 out lap, 1 timed fast lap and 1 in lap. I had never done one of those.

So, I made a mistake during the Quali, but we didn't qualify last. 8th out of 10. Not perfect, but tell me what you think...



On my first stint I broke into the 60.x times on lap 9. I was quite happy with that.


And the there was the second stint. The kart broke as the left back wheel came off, which put us back a few positions. Not blaming the tools, just stating the facts.


The last stint was relatively uneventful. Just keep pushing and try to make up places.


All in all, I loved the race!


#Karting #SpeedyGonzAlex #Daytona #Tamworth #Enduro

Comments