The Final of the Inaugural Daytona Sandown Park SuperChamps

 What a race! What a championship!


Before this round I was fourth in the overall championship - all to play for for a podium finish...

The practice went well and I was 4th fastest:




Quali was not the best ever as I qualified 5th:    



but then there was the race...



...first my kart stopped working completely and I had to run a quarter of the track back to the pit lane in order to get another kart.

Then I had to change the kart again and that one had no brakes whatsoever!

In the end it was a miracle that I didn't come last. It clearly was not enough for a podium that race!

HOWEVER, when all the points were counted up I actually finished 3rd in the overall championship!!!

It just shows - being consistent and never giving up pays off!

Congrats to Phillip & Tom for first and second and congrats to all the participants!





Comments