JSCC Race Weekend at Croft Circuit Doubling++ my Championship Points

 After missing stage 5 at Knockhill in July due to lack of sponsorship, this one was doubly serious and I certainly made it count!



In preparation I did serious amounts of mileage at Croft on Assetto Corsa and on the test day on Friday I had Mike Epps coaching me. It was hard work, but it payed off.


Croft was a triple header, meaning that there was one quali round followed by three races (two on Saturday and one on Sunday).

From the quali your fastest time determined the grid position for the first race, the second fastest for the second race and (you guessed it) the third fastest for the third race.

I had never qualified better than mid twenties up to now, but this time I had 15th, 14th and 14th!!!

In the end I finished 14th, 17th and 16th. My best result ever!

Up to now I had only 21 championship points, but this weekend I got 22 - more than doubling my tally and moving from 30th in the championship to 25th. Way to go, but I loved the result!

As always there are a few Instagram reels and pictures, but before going there I would like to thank 3Sixty Virtual Assistant for the brilliant pictures! All image credits go to her.

So here we go, the Insta reels...

Track walk on Thursday
Testing day...

And the race weekend...


So here are some of 3sixty Virtual Assistant's amazing images:









 

Comments