Supporting Damon Hill's The Halow Project and Winning the Race



I never knew that supporting a charity could be so much fun! But before we get to the fun, let me talk about the Halow Project. Well, Damon is their patron and watching him during the day, you could just see how close this cause is to his heart. Not only has he been signing autographs, holding speeches, bidding at the auction and all the good things you expect a good patron to do, but he was just walking around hugging the Halow guys and making sure that they had a brilliant time!

So, what is the Halow Project???  It all began with Harriet, Amber, Laura, Oliver and William. These young people each have a learning disability and together they were the inspiration for the charity, in fact their initials spell the name HALOW. Seeing the young people during the day brought the point home how much they they enjoy life. All it takes is a combination of encouragement and opportunities. However all this costs money, so this charity is at the core of enriching their lives with opportunities.

So now to the fun -

We thought it would be really fun to put together our own team to compete in this year’s event. so I am delighted to introduce Apex Predators:

Tom Spragg Ginetta Junior Driver

Simon Fuller 2023 Dmax Sprint League Champion

Raj Kular 2022 Formula Woman Finalist

Henry Walter double 2022 DMAX Inkart Champion

and of course me


Here is a little intro video Henry put together 😂


Also I was lucky enough to get Damon Hill, Johnny Herbert AND Perry McCarthy to sign my JSCC racing helmet - thank you and yes, I did make a donation 😀



As always, I have put together a quick Insta reel to summarise the event...


...if you can't get to Insta, here is a link to YouTube: https://youtube.com/shorts/_Vg2YH1WzXA

I used to do more 360 videos, but they make more sense in karting than in a car, so here are two 360 videos. They are full length with telemetry overlay so that you can get all the insights.

Here is my practice stint...



...and my actual race stint


Now some drive bys from the team:

Raj



Tom



Simon



Henry



and of course me






I loved the trophy presentation



I also met @scribbleincltd, a very talented young artist who captured the event beautifully. Not only did she donate her piece to the charity auction, it was actually bought by Daytona, so it will stay around for others to enjoy. 


I absolutely loved the day! Clearly, us winning the race made it super special, but even without that it was amazing. Learning more about the Halow Project, being witness to the first time in the world that carbon neutral drop in fuel (no engine changes required) from zero.co had been used of a karting event (well, for the demonstration lap), meeting lots of great, fun and entertaining people (not just the F1 lot) made the day special. The overall atmosphere was electrifying. If you do get a chance, put a team together for next year - it is ABSOLUTELY worth it.




Comments