British Indoor Karting Championship Regional Final

The actual regional final was on Sunday, but I thought that it would be a great idea to re-learn the track (it has been two years), so I went for an evening of three 15 minute sessions on the Saturday.

It wasn't all racers, but great to get used to the track again. So before getting into the regional final, let me share the on-board footage from Staturday. I only have the video from the first and third sessions as there was a bit of a misunderstanding between my dad and me on who would turn on the camera for the second one... (never mind) - technical issues clearly...

So here is the first session...

...and the third one


But now to the actual competition! Arrival time was 8:50am for a 9:30 start. We were split into two groups and he format was to do a Quali, two Heats and a Semi Final. The top 6 from each Semi Final went through to the Grand Final and the top 3 finishers of this were qualified for the National Final in November.

The videos from the regional final are 360 videos, which allow you to get the full view from all around the kart. I recommend that you click on the YouTube icon, where you can get the full experience.

The quali is always difficult as you don't actually know how well you are doing until you see the reuslt.

Either way, here is the video of the Quali...


So in the Quali I came 6th - reasonable, but not amazing. However, on the Staurday I never hit the 37s mark and here I got a 37.488.

In Heat 1 I managed 4th, but with a slightly slower time of 37.608...



Heat 2 I got a 37.415, slightly up form Quali



And the we went to the Semi Final! This one counted! Only the top 6 would go through the the "Grand Final"...

I finished 5th, which got me through to the final in P10 out of 12 - amazing! I never thought I would get there...



In the end I finished P7, up three places from the start. Ok, so I didn't get through to the National, but I was still super proud of what I achieved!!!

Let me know what you think...








 

Comments