Donington Park - Probably My Most Frustrating JSCC Weekend...

Well, it started super cool, not only breaking into the top 10 of the Silverstone Museum SIM all-time score board on Thursday, but actually getting 5th.

Friday testing was not just a wash out, it was torrential!  The rain just kept coming and I hardly got any track time. At least I kept it on the black when I did get out. Talking to some officials in the evening at the hotel, it turns out that the the rescue crew with digger, low loader and so on had to go out over 20 times!


Saturday was brilliant with me qualifying 9th for the first race and 7th for the second. My best qualifying this season - but the races were on Sunday...

So the first race didn't fully go to plan with me dropping to 12th. Actually I had fought back to 10th, but lost the places gained again, finishing 12th.

Well, I thought that this was bad. The second race however was frustrating on a different scale. Technically it didn't even happen for me. 

As I said I had qualified 7th, so if I could hold on to that or even improve I had the chance for my best ever finish, but then there was the first corner where I got hit on the back and had no way of keeping from spinning out onto. The other driver got a warning over this incident. While that doesn't really help me, it at least shows that I could do nothing in order to prevent the incident. 

As I had to be dragged out of the gravel, I was not allowed to rejoin the grid for the restart and my race weekend was over.

Only one more race weekend until the end of the JSCC season. I am so looking forward to Brands Hatch! As I am turning 17 in November, this will be my last JSCC season and I can't wait to see what the future brings. My main focus will be A-Levels, but I am certain that there will be more racing excitement!    

Comments