2 Days around Silverstone

I know it sounds a little odd with me being at Silverstone all the time for the college and work at the museum, but the issue is that you never get to do the special stuff in everyday life.

Stowe House for example. Not only is Stowe corner on the GP track named after it, Silverstone only became possible due to a compulsary purchase order from the MoD in WW2 to build the Silverstone airbase. I always wanted to have a look and learn more about it and now I have.

Next stop was also very special. Motorsport UK offered a free one hour coaching session at KartSim for MSUK race license holders. 


My coach was George Palozzi and he helped me to find 0.7 seconds at Buckmore Park. He was amazing and looking at the telemetry data was able to pin point exactly how I could find extra time and then coached me implementing the improvements. Thank you George!


As a treat my parents and I had then booked to stay at the Hilton Garden in at Silverstone. What an amazing hotel.

It does have a rooftop bar and even though it is closed Mondays, I was able to take a couple of pictures from there.


Unfortunately our room had faulty air con, but the gentleman at reception, Unai Miller, sorted this quickly by upgrading us to a trackside suite - it was mind blowing!!! Here is a panorama shot from our balcony. You might have to zoom in to appreciate it 😐 Thank you Mr Miller!


The only issue was that I couldn't stop my parents doing a selfy... 


For day 2 we went to the Silverstone Museum. Working there, I hardly ever get a chance to have a go at the SIM, so I loved getting back on. Thanks to George's tuition from the day before, I was able to skim half a second of my previous best lap time. 

My dad and I then had a go on the Scalextric model of Silverstone

After a quick tour round the museum we went back home

A lot for just two days and next week it's back to Silverstone UTC...

Comments