Cadwell Park - My Second JSCC Race Weekend

So this is my second race weekend. As opposed to the first race weekend at Silverstone, at Cadwell Park I was able to do testing on Friday and it made a huge difference!

The landscape around Cadwell Park is stunning. Here a few views on the way in:


A little video real with pre-testing impressions (you can also see it on Insta: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CcpUQGfABdY/ )



A short reel of the testing (Insta: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CcqD61wgXLY/ ) on Friday.



So here is the first test session:



The second test session:




Testing number 3:



And finally (you guessed it) the fourth testing session:



Each testing session I was getting faster and faster, so I was hopeful for Saturday's Quali and Race. Also I was looking forward to meeting Aaron Walker, who had a great season last year, but is currently focusing on his exams. Aaron really helped me improving my times - thank you Aaron!


Before the Quali there was a Free Practice:




The Quali went great and whereas I qualified last at Silverstone, I came 23rd here at Cadwell Park! 

So here is the reel (Insta: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CcsiXJ2gzsh/ )



And the actual footage:




Here is Saturday's race - I decided to stop doing 360 videos for my JSCC sessions. Processing all these huge videos is just killing my laptop. I will still do this for karting, where you can really look around, but I think inside the Saxo you can't really see enough to warrant the processing. Let me know what you think...


As per the Quali, I started 23rd and kept my position in the end, finishing 23rd. My best result yet!

On Sunday there were two more races, but unfortunately I had problems with the footage. In the first race I came 25th, so the same result as in Silverstone. The second race was quite different though. There were a few incidents, but I managed to keep my car on the black stuff and came 17th in the end. This was my first finish in the top 20, which is great as you get additional championship point when you are better than 20th.

Overall I managed to take 11 seconds off my lap time from the first test to the final race ( 2:05.xxx - 1:54.003). Shame I didn't cut into the 1:53s - so close! Anyway, a great weekend all round!

I was not planning to go to the third race weekend in Snetterton, but thanks to some unexpected sponsorship ( https://speedygonzalex06.blogspot.com/2022/05/announcement-i-have-my-first-sponsors.html ) I will be there - including testing on Friday! Before that I will be racing in the regional final of the British School Karting Championship. Our school never made it that far before and I don't think we will make it to the national final, but you never know. We'll see...

Comments