Fifth Round of the 2023 Junior Saloon Car Championship at Thruxton

Race weekend at Thruxton. After a special test day two weeks ago, it was finally time to race.

Here is the Insta reel

Quali didn’t go particularly well. There was an incident, which meant that we only had about half of the time available. Things didn’t go to plan and I could not even get three laps in, which meant mediocre positions for race 1 and 2, while I had to start the third race from the back in P24.

In the first race I initially dropped a few places, but in the end I finished one place up from where I started.

The 360 on bord footage:


And the official BARC coverage:



It's race weekend at Thruxton for the Junior Saloon Car Championship. Race 2 was interesting. I was doing OK until the safety car, but overall I lost one position.

The 360 on bord footage:


And the official BARC coverage:



I had qualified at the back of the grid as I wasn't able to get a clear lap for race three quali. So there I was with absolutely nothing to loose. Also, it had rained, so the track was wet - just as it was when we went testing here a couple of weeks ago. And back then I was on par with the best. So all light were go! I only managed to get up to 14th, but coming from P24, this is not bad! I just love racing in the rain!

The 360 on bord footage:


And the official BARC coverage:



All in all, an OK result, which should see me making good progress in the championship. The result is still subject to judicials, so we won’t know my final finishing position until the races at Croft.

Comments